Hi.

Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:29am CST 1
timmie
timmie
15 Posts
Hi.

My name is Timmie.
I'm 35 Years old and I live in NYC (Staten Island).
I'm going for my MTF HRT (not going for SRS, only permanent HRT) spring 2015 and I'm totally excited to be a female, preferrably a tomboy which I desire.

I came out to my parents and family this past Oct that I was transgendered and they were accepting, but I did not quite fit in with the Girly Girl mold to put it that way. I found about this group via Google Search and Youtube as I tried finding trans women with the same interests as me (masculine or guy-like interests) but identify as a girl or woman, which is me (I'm kind of in the exact middle of the spectrum, 50/50, sometimes I call myself Gender Variant or trans girl tomboy which I'm comfortable with). Sounds like this is my community and as far as gender pronouns, I do not care. If someone calls me "It" as a pronoun, that would be super, it has that Trekkie feel to it since many aliens in the Trek universe may have four or more genders. Yes, I'm a scifi fanatic as well.

Nice to meet you all,

Timmie (Female name) | Timmy (Male name).
Fri, Nov 28 2014 03:21pm CST 2
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
Hey Timmie! Sounds like you'll fit in here just fine. Welcome to the site.

Have you seen the episode of Next Generation with the J'nali, an androgynous race? It tackles gender and sexuality from a backwards perspective: gendered-heterosexual people are the outcasts in their society that need "fixing".
Tue, Dec 2 2014 12:43pm CST 3
timmie
timmie
15 Posts
Yes, I've seen that episode many times from TNG. I felt bad for the J'nali named Soren who identified as female for Commander Riker.

Also, there was an episode like that from Star Trek Enterprise called the "Congenitor",
where a species called the Vissians have a third gender called the Congenitor, whom they use only during procreation and the Congenitor is treated as a second class citizen, almost to a point like a slave.

My speculation, It seems like in Star Trek universe after warp drive was launched and arrival of the vulcans (April 4th 2063) , all human suffering including forms of discrimination like racism and discrimination of sexual identities and orientation have probably been eliminated as humanity became as a united earth.

These Star Trek episodes Reminds me of "Imagine A World Where being "Gay" is the norm" short film.
Link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOJgDW0gPI

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.