Hello everybody! :D

Fri, Sep 5 2014 09:24pm CDT 1
Maia
Maia
9 Posts
Hi I'm Maia! I'mma 22 MTF from San Anantonio Tejas. I don't know if I would really fit the definition of butch but I don't feel like I am really femme (at least not like girly girly), probably would fit somewhere in the middle. I wanted to join here because, well, I wanted to find others in the trans community who would be like me and that would understand. I like gunpla, video games, anime, old tv shows (like from the 60s and 70s), historical european martial arts, lolita fashion, and the wonders of the internet :D Nice to meet cha' all :)

Sat, Sep 6 2014 08:45pm CDT 2
worlds weirdest transgirl
18 Posts
'I like gunpla video games, anime, old tv shows, historical european martial arts and the wonders of the internet'

Can we be friends....please?
Sun, Sep 7 2014 11:10am CDT 3
Maia
Maia
9 Posts
YES!! :D
Sun, Sep 7 2014 07:45pm CDT 4
18 Posts
YAY :D
Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:59pm CDT 5
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
Hi Maia! Sorry I haven't been on lately to welcom you. Normally I say "please drop by the forums and say hello!" to new members, but it looks you you already did that on your own!

Welcome to the site.
Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:10pm CDT 6
Maia
Maia
9 Posts
Thanks :) I'm really glad I was able to find this place, I've been feeling really conflicted about how I don't present or act very femme contrary to the push I have noticed for trans women to be femme. I'm not alone in the way I feel right?
Sun, Sep 21 2014 08:09pm CDT 7
18 Posts
Not at all, I think part of that push has to do with the gatekeeping of HRT, but that's changing with the times.
Mon, Sep 22 2014 07:25am CDT 8
Maia
Maia
9 Posts
That's good; it was really easy for me to get HRT so I guess it is changing then :)
Tue, Sep 23 2014 08:08pm CDT 9
River
River
37 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm super butch, but definitely in comparison to the standard. I like to fluctuate between a butch look and a goth/dystopian look depending on how I feel that day. Lately, I've been obsessed with long cardigans. We're both in Tejas, except I'm in Houston. Texas, unfortunately, isn't the most trans-friendly state, but it has to be better than Tennessee. Luckily, here in Houston, we have a couple clinics who do "informed consent" so I don't have to waste time and money with a therapist before they give me a letter. In fact, I found a therapist who does her sessions online and actually prefers that her patients acquire HRT. She'd rather work with people already in transition instead of being a gatekeeper. Still, a good therapist is beneficial to have. I can talk to my friends all day, but a professional in gender issues and a thorough background in psychology is definitely preferred. To me, anyway.

My friend Ricky has thought, for the past few months, that I was going for a more gender-fluid thing, but I talked to him today that I really don't have "male days". I'm more like 30% M / 70% F, mainly because I have no interest in hyper-feminine things. I love jewelry, dark fashion, a bit of makeup, painting my nails and listening to lots of female singers, but that's about it. The rest of my interests are really quite gender neutral.

Anyway, don't think you have to dress a certain way to convince anyone. Wear what you want, because what matters is how you feel and what ultimately makes you happy. :)
Wed, Sep 24 2014 12:49am CDT 10
Maia
Maia
9 Posts
Another Texan!!! :D Too bad you are in Houston though but still nice to meet'cha :) Texas is bad but I guess I am lucky since I haven't had any bad experiences here (I practicaly am going full time now and no one has said a word, well I think a few people might have given me a funny look but nothing out right spoken). I'm still trying to find my own style that works for me; I don't mind going really girly (would love to dress goth loli just once >_< ) but I am most comfortable with my sorta androgynous style atm. Recently have been wanting to try some sukeban sorta styles (be all cool and tough in a girly japanese deliquent way yo 8) ) or go for goth once again. Ahaha I'm rambling again! That is one of my bad habits I'm afraid ^^'

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.