Age Problem?

Mon, May 19 2014 05:15pm CDT 1
JadelyJade
JadelyJade
6 Posts
So, I'm 18 almost 19. My childhood best friend who's 14 has indicated that she's interested in me. I've been interested in her for a while but was worried it would be wrong too. She's totally accepting of my transition, and has been the only one in my old group of friends who actively calls me 'she' after almost 2 years.

I've known her since she was born, and used to babysit her. As we grew up we grew up together, and she's become a part of what I consider my peer group. She's actually far more independant than most 14 year olds and my family goes on about how outstandingly mature she is for her age, comparing her to 19 and 23 year olds.

I don't know if this is considered 'okay' under extenuating circumstances or not. I'm just worried, if anything comes of it, what my friends will think. Can someone please help me figure this out?
Thu, May 22 2014 06:12pm CDT 2
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
That's a tough one. Yes, it would make a lot of people uncomfortable, and if anything physical happened you could get in a HUGE amount of trouble, but from what you tell me it doesn't sound inherently creepy.

I'd wait. Wait until she's 18. Let her know this, but stay open to the idea of both of you dating other people until then. 4 years is short enough to wait, but long enough to have a non-everlasting relationship or two. In the meantime, stay friends!

Disclaimer: I've never been in a relationship. Not even close.
Mon, May 26 2014 04:25am CDT 3
worlds weirdest transgirl
worlds weirdest transgirl
18 Posts
(I aplogize in advance if this comes of as rude but) I'm with Jo on this one, even if she is mature enough for a serious realtionship with somone, that won't matter in the eyes of the law, I'd say don't make any kind of moves on her until she's at least 18 and if she does it to you, tell her that it's illegal no matter how mature she might be.
Thu, May 29 2014 11:21am CDT 4
JadelyJade
JadelyJade
6 Posts
Just saying, in terms of laws, in Canada, the country in which I reside, adolescents between the age of 13 and 16 may have sexual involvement with anyone up to 5 years above their own age. Though it's not as though I would sexually involve myself due to my own comfortability. :s
Sat, Jun 7 2014 09:46am CDT 5
ClaireJ
ClaireJ
3 Posts
Hi Jade,
For what my opinion is worth, you also have to consider how far along your transition you are compared to how complete a transition you want, and what sort of relationship you want at the end of that transition. If your friend is lesbian, and you will be too, will she wait until you've had full GRS (if that's what you want)?

The situation is complicated enough as a TG individual without putting a sexally 'confused' and 'immature' (sorry if that sounds rude, it's not meant to, I just know that I was highly confused and immature at that age) person into the mix as well?

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.