How to dress like a tomboy and not just look like a boy

Sat, Nov 9 2013 03:56pm CST 1
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
We MTF butches have a unique challenge when it comes to fashion. Cisgender men can dress like men. Cisgender women can dress like women. Butch women can dress like men but still be seen as women. What about us? We're biologically male, so when we dress like men, more often than not, we're seen as men, but we still want to be seen as women!

While strangers still see me as a young man, I've come across a couple tips that make people do a double-take and make me happy with the person I see in the mirror.

1. Hair. It's about more than length. I didn't realize this until recently, but short women's haircuts are different from short haircuts for men. I told my hairdresser I like my hair short but I wanted it on the feminine side, and she said "oh! Like a pixie style. I can do that." I was shocked afterwards. I've never been happier with how I look than immediately after that haircut.

2. Jewelry. Google image search "butch women". Many have jewely, as un-masculine as that may sound. I personally wear flat black disc earrings and a plain black necklace with a golden drillbit at the end (Gurrenn Lagann!).

3. Tight shirts. I've been on HRT for 3.5 years now. My boobs may be small, but they are boobs. You can't see them through a sweatshirt or a dress shirt, but you can see them through tight, form-fitting clothes. I'm a rather skinny person, so the fact that I have breasts at all really makes people wonder.

Anyone else have other tips?
Sat, Dec 21 2013 09:14am CST 2
Lynn
Lynn
13 Posts
One item I've been researchng are vests. The most boy/girl vests I've found are Herringbone vests of a light color. There is one or two nice ones on Amazon.

I had started with leather vests, There is a very masculine vest at Cabela.com. It's a conceled carry vest for the butch transwoman who wants to carry a gun. LOL can't stop laughing. But seriously I there are transwomen that could use a conceled gun for protection.
Tue, Dec 2 2014 02:20pm CST 3
timmie
timmie
15 Posts
I'm a big Hunger Games fan and most of Katniss' outfits esp. in the new Mockingjay Part 1 movie could be worn by us as well as it can be passed as a mtf tomboy. The cool thing about dystopian fashion is the dull muted colors, olive greens, browns, grays, and there is no pink or bright colors (except those worn fancy at the Capitol), which also works well for us. Also most of the styles are leather jackets, herringbone vests, hunting outfits, and jumpsuits which can be worn by anyone.
Fri, Nov 11 2016 11:36pm CST 4
shuaibi
shuaibi
3 Posts
I recently bought something on a Web site, the service is also good.

I read what you published, I recently played a game and you want to share with you.

Our priority is fast and secure game service in the most famous games like: League of Legends, CsGo: Cs Go accounts and CsGo! We offer you elo boosting, rank boosting, leveling, coaching and skin shop, but we’re able to provide you with almost any kind of service you wish us to do.It's a interesting game: CSGO M4A4 Skins

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.