How Can I Get My Hair Cut?

Mon, Mar 3 2014 07:32pm CST 1
JadelyJade
JadelyJade
6 Posts
As some of you may be able to relate, my hair is very much a make or brake moment for when it comes to passing as a girl or not. The thing is, I also want it to look, well, butch. Any ideas on what can be done? Can a pixie-style cut make me look like I'm butch without making me look like a boy again?

Much regards,
Jade.
Mon, Mar 3 2014 08:55pm CST 2
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
I feel most comfortable with my reflection immediately after a haircut, and I always get short haircuts. Lately I've been getting pixie faux hawks. But I've never had a more-feminine haircut and strangers almost always see me as male so... I dunno. It probably depends on a lot of other things more. No way to know unless you try.

Besides, it's just hair! It grows back! Even if you do get mistaken for a boy for a few weeks, then you're in the same camp as many cis-women with short hair!
Mon, Mar 3 2014 10:48pm CST 3
JadelyJade
JadelyJade
6 Posts
Yea, as is, strangers misgender me but correct themselves on their own. But I really feel like my hair is too feminine. I go for the 'shaggy' kinda look, but I feel like it's too long. But at the same time, at it's current length I'm nearly being seen as a boy. I'm not sure what I'm willing to risk. lol

My friends told me that the best thing I can do is just get a haircut from friends, randomly.
Sat, Mar 15 2014 05:52pm CDT 4
JadelyJade
JadelyJade
6 Posts
Update: Got a haircut as well as I got my ears pierced with a 10 gauge piercing. Feeling good. :)

Sun, Mar 16 2014 06:32pm CDT 5
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
Ear piercings go a long way. Glad you're feeling good.
Tue, Mar 18 2014 08:27pm CDT 6
Rebecca
Rebecca
3 Posts
That haircut looks so butch.
Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:55pm CST 7
timmie
timmie
15 Posts
You all have nice haircuts.

I got mine really short so I can start growing it out, not too long, maybe chin to shoulder length, then braided pigtailed.
I plan to have a pixie type as well and possibly braid it and wear a backwards baseball cap which works for me.

I grew up in the mid-90s so I was influenced by the way Girl Tomboys dressed up and I wanted to be like one of them, but at the time I thought it was impossible.

One of my favorite shows as a teen was Nickelodeon's Secret World of Alex Mack.
Alex always wears these boys hats and she was the type of character that was not a girly girl and she was a fictional character that became my role model. Yes, you can have long hair and don a baseball cap it is looks nice.

I recently heard about Max West, but she has similarities as well and they also influence my hairstyle as well.

http://www.afterellen.com/how-alex-mack-and-max-west-influenced-lesbian-fashion/07/2013/
Fri, Nov 28 2014 03:39pm CST 8
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
I love this part talking about Alex Mack:
Lynch says, “I think the success of it laid in the fact that I didn’t write a gender, I wrote a character.” This means that even when Olyenik came into the picture, the writers never compromised the character’s aesthetic to be girlier. Alex Mack was simply gender neutral.

I totally forgot about that show until just now but definitely watched it. These are my favorite types of characters. If a girl could be replaced with a boy in a movie or TV show yet have the same personality and and no one would notice, then those are the characters I idolize.

I always wondered where my sense of tomboy fashion came when I was younger. I definitely didn't know any and couldn't think of any pop culture examples until now. Thanks for reminding me. Wink
Tue, Dec 2 2014 01:38pm CST 9
timmie
timmie
15 Posts
I can't believe how much time passes. I remember when that show was first aired in Nick and at first I thought it was a cheesy show at first, but then I became interested in the storyline of how Alex (played by Larisa Oleynik) got involved in GC-161 chemical and how she hid it from her family. At first I thought I had a crush on her (this was the same time, I was about 15-16 and did not know what my gender identity was and my orientation), but then I realized that as the first season of the show had passed, I somehow identified as her, I mean not her character exactly, but her personality and the way she presented herself throughout the show. Alex was not like the girly girls, from the way she dressed, the caps, overalls jeans, graphic tees, and beanie hats, as far as her hair goes, its not presented as a girly girl with bows. If someone were to ask me TV role models of how I became a mtf butch and hairstyles, Alex Mack would be my first TV role model. Since we are talking about hairstyles, once I grow my hair a bit longer prior to transitioning by April 2015, I do plan to make it look like Alex Mack, sometimes braided on the back or pigtailed on back.

Fri, Nov 11 2016 11:37pm CST 10
shuaibi
shuaibi
3 Posts
I read what you published, I recently played a game and you want to share with you.Now that you have a few skins. It's time for the fun part. Betting! Head on over to CSGO Skins Lounge and sign in through steam. On the home page will be a list of upcoming tournament matches. Look for something with very safe odds (80-90+%). Find a game you like and click on it to place a bet. Once you're confirmed your bet you'll receive a trade offer from one of their bots. Accept it to activate the bet.
If the payout isn't very high for your bet, you may end up just getting your items back. Keep trying until you make a profit. Don't get impatient and bet on something with lower odds to get a higher payout. Always bet safe.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.