Hi! I'm Karen

Wed, Feb 12 2014 05:19pm CST 1
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
And the title pretty much says it all. I've known since I was very young I was supposed to be a girl. But I didn't know how to go about it until much later. I started my transition in my late 30's and didn't give the estrogen much to work with. I"m still happy with the results I have got. I seem to be fairly passable as a woman in spite of being built like a gorilla. Thank god I'm not as hairy as one. And I've never been a girly-girl. I very rarely wear make up or dresses. My wardrobe consists mostly of jeans, t-shirts, boots or tennies.
I met and fell in love with my husband fairly early in my transition and were together for 15 years. He passed away from cancer in July 2013.
I'm still working my way through the mess that comes from being a new widow whose husband didn't leave a will. The rest of the time I spend being a beginner 'Biker chick'
:)

ps

I know I should have written this a long time ago but better late than never. Right?

Thu, Feb 13 2014 02:49am CST 2
worlds weirdest transgirl
worlds weirdest transgirl
18 Posts
I honestly envy people who always knew, I would have been much more in tune with myself and I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's death that must have been horrible.
Tue, Feb 18 2014 09:00am CST 3
Lynn
Lynn
13 Posts
Hi Karen,
Thanks, Yes better late than never.
Happy to know you.
Yes figuring out how to go about it can be very difficult. I'm happy for you that you figured it out.
Biker chicks are kool. Sorry aout your husband. That kind of loss is hard. I grieved for 20 years over someone. So sometimes it can take awhile to fully open up and embrace the emotion.
Mon, Mar 3 2014 06:33pm CST 4
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
And I guess me responding is better late than never too. Welcome to the site (even thought you were the first person to join). Tongue out

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.