Photography

Tue, Feb 11 2014 04:57pm CST 1
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
I'm just a dabbler. I'm learning the terms. focal length, aperture, iso.
I take pictures of all kinds of things but want to experiment with time lapse photography. I'm gong to have to break down and buy another camera to do it. Any recommendations?
I'm also thinking about learning to do macro stuff.
Here's a sample of my work
Leaping a tall building?
Tue, Feb 11 2014 11:04pm CST 2
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
I'm not sure what your price range is, but the camera that really made my dad get into nature photography was the Nikon D90 (that was a few years ago; there's probably something better now). He has a D800 now, but he only decided to make that investment once he knew for sure its a real passion for him.

As for myself, I don't really like taking photos. I feel like it tears me away from the moment itself too much, but I can see why I lot of people love it.
Sun, Feb 16 2014 10:55pm CST 3
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
I learned to keep both eyes open. I don't miss the moment but I get to save moments like this:
Sunset in Bandon OR
Tue, Feb 18 2014 07:54pm CST 4
Lynn
Lynn
13 Posts
5 29 09 Brazos Falls.jpg
Hi Karen, I enjoy photography too. When I moved back to New Mexico I went crazy taking landscapes. I take about 100 pictures fo reach one I keep. Obviously I don't really know what I'm doing but photoshop is great fun.
Tue, Feb 18 2014 07:56pm CST 5
Lynn
Lynn
13 Posts
One of these days I'm going to buy the Canon T3i.
Wed, Feb 19 2014 01:27pm CST 6
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
I really don't know anything about the cameras beyond what the dslr means.
I'm using a Pentax K-x for most of my pics but I have a new Canon EOS SL1 I'm using to experiment with time lapse stuff
I want to try some macro stuff too.
Sat, Feb 22 2014 12:47pm CST 7
Lynn
Lynn
13 Posts
Some of my favorite photos are Macro. They can be awesome. I'm attracted to the abstract art of insect close ups and flower morphology. EOS is a great line of cameras. I have a Canon Mark II. But it is so ancient canon no longer services it. It is also way too heavy. Post some more of your pictures I'd love to see them!

Thu, Feb 27 2014 11:54pm CST 8
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
My husband got me a live, long stemmed rose bush for Valentines day several years back. Here's one of the blooms.

Thu, Feb 27 2014 11:56pm CST 9
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
A lot of my subjects are right out of my back yard

Fri, Feb 28 2014 12:01am CST 10
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
I'm having trouble getting good shots of humming birds. This was taken through the window looking out over my deck. I finally got a remote for my camera so I may be able to set up the tripod near the feeder to get so better pics.

Mon, Mar 3 2014 06:30pm CST 11
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
Ha! Humming birds are how my dad got started. We have feeders all over our yard. They're surprisingly aggressive. I've had a few fly straight at my face making me duck.

That pic you have there is alreayd very good. Please keep sharing!
Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:21am CDT 12
Lynn
Lynn
13 Posts
Karen, You have talent. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:28am CDT 13
Lynn
Lynn
13 Posts
Other then the stereotypical use of pink it is a very spiritual color for me. I had a vison in meditaion where my entire field of vision turned pink, I was flooded with unmeasurabe unconditional love and I ""heard"" "I will be with you where ever you go". I've been in some pretty desperate straits and the color and words were with me thru thick and thin.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.