How to develop a butch female voice

Mon, Jan 6 2014 05:23pm CST 1
Jo-I-Dunno
Jo-I-Dunno
66 Posts
The voices I admire are distinctly female but still monotone/masculine. I can't put my finger on what makes them female in-spite of their masculinity. I'm aware of resonance, but when I try and lower mine, my voice just sounds... fake somehow, not male or female.

I recently tried a paid online course and it definitely helped me increase my pitch range and voice control for sure, but all that did was increase the number of weird, fake-sounding voices I can make! Also, the program was targeted at transwomen in-general, which includes reassuring comments like "remember you're beautiful!" which really make me feel uncomfortable.

The best I can do is sound like a young boy, which is embarassing considering the fact that I look like one, I don't drive, and I spend a lot of time with my mom!

Has anyone walked this path? Does anyone have tips?
Wed, Feb 12 2014 06:55pm CST 2
Karen
Karen
9 Posts
How to develop... Embarassed uh, mine just came sort of natural. I didn't really develop it. It's quite a bit different from my Marine drill instructor voice too :)

Fri, Jan 30 2015 05:49am CST 3
Ell
Ell
1 Posts
Thanks Illuminess for the video! I had no idea how this kind of change was possible!
Mon, Feb 2 2015 07:57pm CST 4
worlds weirdest transgirl
worlds weirdest transgirl
18 Posts
I find doing impressions of women with speficic voices helped me a lot, although I still have a long way to go.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.